About Pittman Engineering
Tom Godfrey, PE Mechanical Engineer
With over 20 years of experience, Tom has a unique perspective that few engineers have the opportunity to gain. Working as a plan and specification engineer, design build engineer, and HVAC equipment representative gives him the ability to see projects from three different aspects. His experience as the mechanical department manager at one of Sacramento’s top design firms has sharpened his design skills even further and given him that critical eye for detail. Tom’s engineering integrity drives him to do the research to get the right answer, not just a rule of thumb. This extra effort keeps systems from being over designed and reduces costs.
Tom earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from California State University, Long Beach with an emphasis on thermodynamics. In addition, he has received product specific training on variable frequency drives, water source heat pumps, and fan technology. Tom is a registered Professional Engineer in mechanical engineering.
Tom’s design experience includes the following projects:
- INS HVAC infrastructure remodel Capitol Mall, Sacramento
- Avingon Apartments, 350 unit 6 story apartment complex
- Pizza Guys restaurants expansion, Sacramento Region
- Elks Tower HVAC infrastructure improvements, under construction.
- Ace Hardware distribution warehouse, 1.3 M SF
- Standard Register, 40,000 SF print shop
- American Building Supplies, dust collection system, 60,000 SF
- Vineyard Point Office, 86,000 SF
- Paradise Elementary HVAC renovation
- Ruth’s Chris, Pavilions
- IHOP, Natomas, Reno, Biloxi
- TGIF Fairfield
- Fuddruckers Boise, ID
- Folsom Powerhouse Visitors Center, under construction.
- Department of Justice – HVAC improvements
Robert Pittman, PE Electrical Engineer
As managing partner, Robert is responsible for all aspects of the company’s electrical designs, as well as marketing and operations. He has 20 years of experience in the electrical construction industry. Robert’s unique field knowledge and experience is leveraged and displayed within every design created for our client base. His past experience includes working with two of Sacramento’s top 25 Electrical Contractors. Pittman Engineering is an employee focused company, developing the skills and knowledge of our staff first to create a work environment and culture that leads to long term employment and respect
Robert holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from California State University, Fresno, with an emphasis on electronics and communications and a Minor in Mathematics. Robert is a registered Professional Engineer in electrical engineering in California, Texas, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, and Louisiana.
Robert’s design experience includes the following projects:
- Complete designs for Crosswalk Charter Schools campuses. Includes 2 different prototype designs for repetition and 3 site specific adaptations.
- Prototype Engineer for Gap brands: Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, and the factory outlets
- Jack’s Urban Eats, multiple locations
- Mikuni Sushi, Folsom
- Football Stadium Lighting Projects at:
- Lincoln High School
- Oakmont High School
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Projects at:
- City of West Sacramento City Hall – 550 kW
- Rivermaid, Lodi – 1,475 kW
- Sun City Lincoln Hills Carports – 950 kW
- Fitness Evolution, multiple locations
- Orange Theory Fitness, multiple locations